We are a friendly group – you will be made very welcome!
Please contact us to find out more. Details at foot of page.
From September 2021, meetings will be held every third Wednesday of the month, at the Sprowston Sports and Social Club, Blue Boar Lane, Norwich NR7 8RY. They will also be available virtually on Zoom.
We start at 19:30 with a short update of news and future activities followed by a talk on an aviation related topic by a prominent speaker.
In the interval, at the Academy, there is free tea, coffee and sandwiches.
Trips and Visits
Although currently suspended, Day trips to various aviation related venues across the country, and sometimes further afield, are arranged most months, as well as visits to airshows during the season.
Our widely appreciated magazine is free to members and visitors to talks, in paper or electronic format. Starting with the Chairman’s message to the meeting, its 20 A5 full-colour pages are packed with all kinds articles from the very up-to-date to the historical, the local to the far flung.
General, civil and military aviation are all covered and illustrated with well chosen photographs.
Details of the talks and visits arranged for the year are found at the back of the magazine.
Speak to David Bradbrook, the editor, if you would like the electronic version.
The membership fee is £30 and runs from January to December
Non-members are welcome at meetings for a charge of £5
Key Magazine Contents for September
- RAF E-3D Sentry returns from Operation Shader – NATO
- RAF Lossiemouth’s £100m Poseidon facility named Atlantic Building
- How an Air France 777 strayed too close to a volcano In 2015
- The fascinating life of the female fighter pilot who embraced Norfolk
- The man who met Erwin Rommel
- RAF Pilot’s skill avoids catastrophe at Kabul Airport during evacuation
- Marham Red Arrows Family Day display interrupted by bird strike
- Red Arrows at Norwich Airport on the 26th and 27th August